Thursday, September 26, 2013

And so it begins...again.

Finally got my feet on the Trail Monday (9/23) around 10. So much last-minute stuff to get squared away. It's always a relief for me to get the pack on and just start walking, leaving all that worldly stuff behind (temporarily at least).
 What a difference a year makes. Last year's hike ended so miserably in the rain coming down Mt Everett. This year the weather was sunny, breezy, and crisp. This view of Mt Everett doesn't even look like the same mountain I (never) saw. For me, hiking is ideal when daytime temps are in the mid-50s and nighttime in the 30s. Makes for relatively un-sweaty climbing and great sleeping at night. So far, looks like this whole week is gonna be awesome.  Just gotta get my trail legs and lungs.

And BTW, the Mass ATC does a fantastic job maintaining their section of AT (take note NY & PA).

No comments: