Monday, August 27, 2012

More random photos from 2011

Rewind, fast forward, guess it doesn't matter.
This is a self-portrait heading back out from the James River crossing after a couple days of drying out and self-care at my aunt's house in Lynchburg. It was a much-needed recharge and you can tell from the pic I don't look like a weather-beaten hiker with 200 miles down. The James River bridge is a fabulous spot BTW--hard to believe my father grew up just 20 miles from here.

This is the view a few miles up overlooking the James River gorge. God is good!

Looking back, I think the section from the James River to Waynesboro was my favorite. I had no idea how much wilderness lands there are nor how rugged a lot of the terrain is. There were several 3000' ups, enough to make any serious hiker earn his chops. The Priest isn't too bad going north (pity the southbounders) but Three Sisters made up for it. Totally kicked my ass.


And or course, some days end just as great as they started.






1 comment:

Kat said...

Love the last 4 photo's. Soothes the soul just looking at them let alone being there