Monday, October 24, 2011

Shenandoah Homecoming

As of today I'm about 2/3s through Shenandoah NP. Had a few beautiful days of cool hiking weather. Some of the trail is very smooth (some not) and there aren't the big ups and downs of last week. So my mileage is up. Had a couple 20+ days in a row.
Being in the middle of the park, around Stony Man, Hawksbill, and Old Rag is like a homecoming for me. My brother and I used to hike these trails a lot back in the 70s.
But a wicked rain and hail storm blew in unexpectedly out of the west and chased me inside Skyland. Thank god for dryness.

2 comments:

Harry S said...

Hey Laree - You're making great progress! Nice Pics. I wish I was able to be out there with you for some of this this year. Maybee next year I can Join you at Harpers Ferry up into Pa somewhere. Have fun! H

Dollarweed 2 said...

Sounds like you're doing well on your hike in spite of some bad weather. Certainly seems much more challenging than The Billy Goat Trail!