Saturday, October 8, 2011

Owee!!

Well, did I mention that the trail is really rocky and treacherous in places?

Third day out, a wet and chilly morning. Hiking through a couple miles of trail composed of granite rocks 6"-2' in diameter. Rocks glistening florescent green with moss freshly dampened by rain. BOOM!
Fell on my ass even while taking great caution.
I knew it was pretty bad--snapped one of my hiking poles in half (and they can take some abuse). My right forearm and right thigh took most of the blow. I was just glad I didn't break my arm, hit my head, or tear my rainjacket.

I guess it's good I didn't know how bad it really was or I might not have hiked on another 3 days. When I got to a motel last night and could see myself in a mirror...YIKES! As you can see, my whole right forearm is a bruise. And I have a bruise 6" x 2" on my thigh. Hiking is not all fun and games.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Ouch. Yea add the tea tree to the arnica and C regime. Heal quickly and back to happy hiking LJ. ox P

Dollarweed said...

Wow, can't be careful enough. Hope nothing but fair winds ahead for you. Keep posting.