Saturday, November 15, 2008

Epilogue: Thoughts on a Fall Hike

After all the preparations and planning, it's hard to believe the hike is already over. It's hard to briefly summarize such an experience but I've shared a few thoughts in this vid. I hope this blog hasn't spilled over into narcissism or solipsism. I really just wanted to share some of the beautiful scenery and experiences with friends who aren't fortunate enough to be there in person. And I also hope my experience encourages all of you to go for your dreams. Even if you think you're too old, too fat, too broke, too scared, too broken, too whatever, start by taking the baby steps that lead to your dreams. Life is just too short.

Even though the hiking is over, check back from time to time. I have several things to post about the AT, wilderness preservation, and environmental issues related to the trail. And there's always another season of hiking ahead. Thanks all.

No comments: